RE: [NTISP] Apache and IIS5 on same box?

Michael E. Hanson (MEHanson@GryphonsGate.com)
Tue, 12 Dec 2000 12:58:47 -0600

From: "Michael E. Hanson" <MEHanson@GryphonsGate.com>
Subject: RE: [NTISP] Apache and IIS5 on same box?
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 12:58:47 -0600

IIS will claim all port 80 traffic IF it is configured to use port 80 and if
ANY site/virtual site is configured for "(All Unassigned)" IP Addresses. It
will also want to claim all port 80 traffic on the NIC's primary IP address
IF configured for port 80. If you want O'Reilly Website or Apache to use
Port 80, then configure IIS for a different port (like 8080) on ALL
sites/virtual sites.

Michael E. Hanson
President, Gryphon Consulting Services
( http://www.GryphonsGate.com)