RE: [NTISP] opening case of Max 4004

Matt Bailey ( (no email) )
Fri, 13 Oct 2000 16:02:19 -0400

Take screw driver once face is off and pry straight up between the split
underneath the face. The problem is you need the circuit board to come apart
(ISA Connectors?) anyway once that is apart you are all set.. :)

Replaced the fans in these chassis MANY a time..

-----Original Message-----
From: ntisp-request@iea-software.com
[mailto:ntisp-request@iea-software.com]On Behalf Of kevin@metropage.net
Sent: Friday, October 13, 2000 3:51 PM
To: ntisp@iea-software.com
Subject: RE: [NTISP] opening case of Max 4004

Josh,

We tried to open a MAX chassis the other day got about 20 screws
out and the faceplate off and still couldn't get anything to budge.
Finally we put them back before getting frustrated further. We
considered it be quite an over-engineered computer case. But
judging from the initial list price Ascend could justify it!

So, if you get any information I too would be interested.

-Kevin