Re: [NTISP] MRTG and monitoring active sessions

Josh Hillman ( (no email) )
Mon, 2 Oct 2000 15:17:56 -0400

From: <kevin@metropage.net>
> Thanks, just tried it and this works great for modems, but
> do you have anything for tracking total channels being used.
>
> This counter eliminates ISDN connections (for obvious reasons)
> and i would like to know if were running near full on our
> PRI usage. So, i guess i would like total modems + total digital
> calls.
>
> I've tried finding a list of the ascend MIBs for the MAXs, but
> to no luck.

Hey, it's funny you mention this because I noticed the same problem and just
fixed it a couple of minutes ago. Here's the info:

# OIDs:
#
..iso.org.dod.internet.private.enterprises.ascend.callStatusGroup.callCurrent
AnalogIncoming
#
..iso.org.dod.internet.private.enterprises.ascend.callStatusGroup.callCurrent
DigitalIncoming
Target[whatever name]:
..1.3.6.1.4.1.529.11.5.0&.1.3.6.1.4.1.529.11.5.0:community@whateverIP
+
..1.3.6.1.4.1.529.11.7.0&.1.3.6.1.4.1.529.11.7.0:community@whateverIP

I used a program called "Getif" and snagged all MIBs from Ascend's FTP site.
Ascend MIBs:
ftp://ftp.ascend.com/pub/Software-Releases/SNMP/MIBS
Getif (for Windows):
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Hills/8260

After installing Getif, dump all of the Ascend MIBs into the "mibs"
directory under Getif.

Josh