Re: [RadiusNT] What's Up Gold 4.0 problem

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Mon, 11 Sep 2000 12:38:29 -0700

Jim Whaley wrote:

> I changed the "AllowMalformed" registry entry to 3 and that fixed the
> problem with the one Ascend TNT not authenticating properly, but the What's
> Up Gold problem still remains!
>
> Weird that it suddenly doesn't work with this newer version of RadiusNT.
>
> This is how I have the RadiusNT service setup in WUG:
> Port: 1645
> Timeout: 5 seconds
> "UDP" is selected
> Expect on Connect: (nothing entered here)
> Send command on connect: \aD\@,0123456789012345\a netmon

This is definately wrong. RadiusNT 2.5.2xx and higher validate
the entire packet ahead of time, and your length above is larger
than the packet data (so its malformed and we ignore the request).

This is from WUPG test (see the FAQ entry below for more details).

Send: %01D%00,0123456789012345%01%06TEST%02%18abcdefghijklmnop

> Expected command response: %03d
> Send to disconnect: (nothing entered here)

You have two choices for an expect. In either case, the
second late should match the second letter of the expect
(and case does matter).

> This is what RadiusNT 2.5.214 sees when WUG tries to test it:
> radrecv: Request length:44 UDP Length:28 Request from netmon.ids.net -
> Malformed Packet
> Resp Time: 0 Auth: 1/0 -> 1 Acct: 3/0/0 -> 3
>
> Very odd......

This is from the RadiusNT FAQ. The only different here is the
new stuff prefers the %00 type characters wheras the older stuff
uses the \x type notation.

--

Dale E. Reed Jr. Emerald and RadiusNT/X__________________________________________IEA Software, Inc. www.iea-software.com