RE: [RadiusNT] What's Up Gold 4.0 problem

Jim Whaley ( (no email) )
Mon, 11 Sep 2000 14:43:30 -0400

I changed the "AllowMalformed" registry entry to 3 and that fixed the
problem with the one Ascend TNT not authenticating properly, but the What's
Up Gold problem still remains!

Weird that it suddenly doesn't work with this newer version of RadiusNT.

This is how I have the RadiusNT service setup in WUG:
Port: 1645
Timeout: 5 seconds
"UDP" is selected
Expect on Connect: (nothing entered here)
Send command on connect: \aD\@,0123456789012345\a netmon
Expected command response: %03d
Send to disconnect: (nothing entered here)

This is what RadiusNT 2.5.214 sees when WUG tries to test it:
radrecv: Request length:44 UDP Length:28 Request from netmon.ids.net -
Malformed Packet
Resp Time: 0 Auth: 1/0 -> 1 Acct: 3/0/0 -> 3

Very odd......

Jim