Re: [RadiusNT] Using Ziplink, need to strip domain

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Thu, 07 Sep 2000 14:21:39 -0700

Jim Whaley wrote:

> Hello all. I just started testing with Ziplink, a national access provider.
> We also have our own local dialup servers that we will continue to use.
>
> We are running RadiusNT 2.5.175, NT4.0 SP6, MS SQL Server.
>
> I found that if I add Ziplink's servers to my servers table, i can
> authenticate OK, but it doesn't strip the domain out of the username in the
> calls table entries.
>
> When I try to add the Ziplink servers to RadRoamServers, and the domains
> invloved to RadRoamDomains and turn User Proxy on, I see messagees fly by
> that say: "Request from Unknown Client" for my regular servers that I've
> been using right along.
>
> I tried adding my regular servers to the RadRoamServers table with
> "TreatAsLocal" checked, and get the same thing.
>
> I also have "Trim Name" checked in the RadiusNT Administrator.
>
> Am I missing something? (No doubt I AM!)

I would highly recommend upgrading to a newer version of RadiusNT.
2.5.212 specifically addresses support for trimming names for
authentication and accounting purposes. You should not have to add
any entries for proxy for your configuration.

This is from the changes.txt file in the RadiusNT distribution:

--

Dale E. Reed Jr. Emerald and RadiusNT/X__________________________________________IEA Software, Inc. www.iea-software.com