Re: [RadiusNT] Fitering Solutions with RadiusNT

sikko@igr.nl
Wed, 16 Aug 2000 17:22:12 +0200

Date sent: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 09:42:21 -0500
To: radiusnt@iea-software.com
From: cclements@cp-tel.net (Chris Clements)
Subject: [RadiusNT] Fitering Solutions with RadiusNT
Send reply to: radiusnt@iea-software.com

> Engineers,
>
> Brief:
> We are evaluating a solution for filtering the content of our dial-up
> Internet customers. We a server from Logon.com that is called the
> R2000. This server sits on a mirrored port with the gateway router. It
> looks at the destination address of the packet. If the IP is that of a
> blocked address the user gets a page that says "Hey this is blocked etc."
>
> We utilize RadiusNT 2.5 in ODBC mode with MS SQL Server.
>
> Question:
> We want our customers to be able to choose whether or not to enable this
> method of filtering. We would like this to filter based on USERNAME not an
> IP pool.
> I suspect I will need to define the attributes for blocking in the
> attributes table and then write them to the rad config table for each
> customer. Has anyone out there done this? What are some opinions?

hello chris

we have been running r2000 with emarald package and radius.

We are using the IP-sec connection as described in the manuals
from xstop.

In emerald admin we have defined xstop account with the basic le-
ipsec and le-ipsec outsource parameters.

In this way when an xstop users logs on tho our portmaster3 a
tunneled ip channel is made to the r2000 server.

in this way it is working since november last year.. no problems..
you should only look is your nas is supportin ip-sec

greetings sikko de graaf

> Chris Clements
> Network Administrator
> CP-Tel Network Services