Re: [RadiusNT] UUNET questions

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Fri, 28 Jul 2000 10:28:40 -0700

Edwin Whitesell wrote:

> We checked the shared secret, we have the 'Allow Malformed Packets' checked,
> we can authenticate the account fine. They mentioned something about
> 'padding the password', what is that and could it have anything to do with
> the problem?

Yes, that is the problem. In the registry set AllowMalformed to 3 (its
probably 1) and restart RadiusNT. This allows RadiusNT to accept
passwords
that are not multiples of 16 in length.

The RFC clearly states that passwords must be a multiple of 16, and
padded
if not. RadiusNT is just conforming to the RFC (I wish more people
did).
I'll include some relevant snipet from the RFC if you want to pass them
on to the other side.

--

Dale E. Reed Jr. Emerald and RadiusNT/X____________________________________________IEA Software, Inc. www.iea-software.com