Re: [RadiusNT] RadiusNT 3.0 problem

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Thu, 20 Jul 2000 11:22:52 -0700

Nezar Ahmed wrote:

> First question : When I starts RadiusNT in debug mode it never shows the
> correct no of users I have in the database and the no is always lower. How
> come it doesnt load all of them ? The database was working fine with
> radiusnt 2.5 and I modified the tables as in the rad25_up.sql script.

In the RadiusNT 3.0 admin, under the cache tab, there is an init load
setting. It will initially cache users who's last used date if within
that number of days. This allows RadiusNT to cache the most likely
users, without haven't to waste processing on users who haven't logged
in
in a while. Otherwise, if they login, they will get cached on their
first login.

> Second question : The call to RadGetUser always has the password as NULL
> while the proedure compares the password parameter with the user's password
> resulting in immediate rejection and strange enough with the 'User not
> found' error. When I removed the condition @password=sa.password from the
> procedure it worked fine and it progressed to the next level of
> authentication. How come ?

Older versions of RadiusNT 3.0 included an incorrect version of this
proc.
The current distribution on our FTP site has the correct version. I
believe that line should be changed from:

@password=sa.password

(@password=sa.password or @password is NULL)

and it will work. RadiusNT 3.0 will always pass password as NULL,
because
it wants a list of all users and passwords. This is because RadiusNT
3.0
support multiple forms of encryption on the fly (automatically) and if
we
passed in the password, it would only support clear text.

--

Dale E. Reed Jr. Emerald and RadiusNT/X__________________________________________IEA Software, Inc. www.iea-software.com