Re: [RadiusNT] RadiusNT 3.0 problem

Peter Deacon ( peterd@iea-software.com )
Thu, 20 Jul 2000 10:43:46 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

On Thu, 20 Jul 2000, Nezar Ahmed wrote:

> First question : When I starts RadiusNT in debug mode it never shows the
> correct no of users I have in the database and the no is always lower. How

It's reporting the number being preloaded into the smart cache. Accounts
not in good standing or who havn't been activly used for a while don't get
preloaded to concerve memory.

> come it doesnt load all of them ? The database was working fine with
> radiusnt 2.5 and I modified the tables as in the rad25_up.sql script.
> Second question : The call to RadGetUser always has the password as NULL
> while the proedure compares the password parameter with the user's password
> resulting in immediate rejection and strange enough with the 'User not

> found' error. When I removed the condition @password=sa.password from the
> procedure it worked fine and it progressed to the next level of
> authentication. How come ?

This was a problem with the RadGetUser stored procedure :( The later
releases of 3.0 also removed that line.

Radius will always pass a NULL to the password parameter. It handles
password comparisions internally.

take care,
Peter