Re: [RadiusNT] Automatically disconnecting a client

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Tue, 20 Jun 2000 09:15:42 -0700

Glen Harvy wrote:

> Does anyone know of a way to force a disconnection of a user if they are
> online outside of an agreed time span.

You can define server port access (including time of day restrictions)
on a per account type basis. This will restrict when they can login.

> I know Radius will not let them connect (this works well) but I was
> wondering if there is someway the on-line Emerald database can be searched
> at regular intervals and disconnect a user if they exist at that time.
>
> My NAS is Windows 2000 Sever RRAS.

RadiusNT will also include a Session-Timeout limiting how much time they
can be one (ie, if their time window only had ten minutes left, they
will
get a Session-Timeout of 600 seconds). Its up to the NAS to disconnect
the user based on the Session-Timeout.

--

Dale E. Reed Jr. Emerald and RadiusNT/X__________________________________________IEA Software, Inc. www.iea-software.com