Re: [RadiusNT] Automatically disconnecting a client

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Tue, 20 Jun 2000 10:02:42 -0700

Jim Whaley wrote:

> Is there no way then, to force someone off using radius?
>
> This has been an "issue" with our company also.

No. The RADIUS protocol does not define Server -> Client intiated
sessions like this. There are tools that are NAS specific that can
do this, though (like the pmcmd for Portmasters). Ascend use to
have (not sure if they do anymore) a reverse-RADIUS type server in
their NASes that would allow you to send a RADIUS-like packet to the
NAS and do things like change user's time, logoff users, etc.

--

Dale E. Reed Jr. Emerald and RadiusNT/X__________________________________________IEA Software, Inc. www.iea-software.com