Re: [RadiusNT] caching problems in RadiusNT 3.0

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Fri, 02 Jun 2000 09:53:59 -0700

"Austin, Gary D" wrote:

> I have sort of a similar problem. I have left all the cache settings blank
> and get a similar result. The difference is when you look at my debug it
> gives the user name and the bad password message but when you look at the
> USER: it has a bunch of special characters in it and the DATABASE: has the
> correct one. I use radlogin to check but have yet to get any good requests.
> This is driving me crazy.

The garbage password is usually a result of the RADIUS client secret
not matching the secret configure for the RADIUS server. Double check
the server file in radlogin, and make sure the secret specified there
is the SAME secret RadiusNT has for the machine running radlogin.

--

Dale E. Reed Jr. Emerald and RadiusNT/X__________________________________________IEA Software, Inc. www.iea-software.com