RE: [Emerald] Backup Database/Device with SQL 6.5

Kenneth Gustav Eitenmiller Jr ( keitenmiller@hughestech.net )
Mon, 2 Oct 2000 11:29:56 -0500

Thats a whole other story...
Would you teach me how to make BackupNT work on our entire enterpize?
Ken

-----Original Message-----
From: PowerNet [mailto:psc5@powersupply.net]
Sent: Monday, October 02, 2000 11:15
To: emerald@iea-software.com
Subject: Re: [Emerald] Backup Database/Device with SQL 6.5

One thing that may be happening that happened to us.
When you create your backup routine, you need to make sure initialize device
is checked. This will overwrite yesterdays info. Otherwise it will append
every day and your disk will quickly fill up.

We have a primary and backup database and run the following routines every
night.

Backup primary
Transfer primary to backup
Backup on the backup server

Seems to work great for us.
Our info on the backup is always a max of 24 hours old.

John