Re: [Emerald] Backup Database/Device with SQL 6.5

PowerNet ( (no email) )
Mon, 02 Oct 2000 12:15:10 -0400

One thing that may be happening that happened to us.
When you create your backup routine, you need to make sure initialize=
device is checked. This will overwrite yesterdays info. Otherwise it=
will append every day and your disk will quickly fill up.

We have a primary and backup database and run the following routines every=

Backup primary
Transfer primary to backup
Backup on the backup server

Seems to work great for us.
Our info on the backup is always a max of 24 hours old.