Re: [Emerald] Installing Emerald 2.5 as a client

Josh Hillman ( (no email) )
Thu, 28 Sep 2000 09:01:11 -0400

From: "Glen Harvy" <glen@aquarius.com.au>
> Exactly what do you need do to install Emerald Administrator and Emerald
> Manager on a client computer?
>
> I installed Emerald 2.1 on the client machine and then copied over the
> files from the Emerald Server machine. I run Emerald Manager 2.5.305 and
> everything seems to work OK EXCEPT the Accounts tab. Clicking that -
> nothing happens.
>
> Running the Administrator - it loads OK but when attempting to do anything
> I get a run-time error.

If you are using Emerald 2.5 on one machine, how come you installed 2.1 on
another? There are vast differences between them and if your database is
geared toward 2.5, then running 2.1 on it will likely mess things up. Your
best bet is to uninstall 2.1 and install 2.5 from scratch on it. I think
the problem that you're running into (accounts tab) is related to a bug in
an old version of tabctl32.ocx. The one I've got is version 6.0.81.69. I
seem to remember quite a few people running into this same (or similar)
problem quite a while back.

Josh