Re: [Emerald] Radlog time out....

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Mon, 25 Sep 2000 10:46:54 -0700

> Gabe wrote:
>
> I recently upgraded to SQL 7 on a 2000 server and I am running
> into problems authenticating from my database via radlogin. I have
> added the machine to the client list, and I don't want to point our
> RAS to the server until I can make sure the database is verifying.
> When I run radlog it stalls and then times out, any ideas??

Radlogin uses the \winnt\system32\drivers\etc\services file to get
the ports on where to send the requests to. Win2k defaults these
to the RFC 1812/1813 ports. If you are not using those ports, then
you need to modify the services file to the ports you are using.
Otherwise, Radlogin is sending to port 1812, RadiusNT is probably
listening on 1645, and, well, you get a timeout. :)

--

Dale E. Reed Jr. Emerald and RadiusNT/X__________________________________________IEA Software, Inc. www.iea-software.com