RE: [Emerald] netmask problems help please...

Bernard Andrys ( (no email) )
Tue, 8 Aug 2000 16:29:37 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C00155.D84A9BB0

Yes, a PPP dialup customer ( 1 ip address) should have a netmask of
255.255.255.255. This is perfectly normal.

-----Original Message-----
From: emerald-request@iea-software.com
[mailto:emerald-request@iea-software.com]On Behalf Of Kenneth Jaeger
Sent: Tuesday, August 08, 2000 4:22 PM
To: emerald@iea-software.com
Subject: [Emerald] netmask problems help please...

I received the following message from a client of mine.. I thought that
when a customer dialed in we were suppose to give them a mask of
255.255.255.255 so that they could not some how use other IP's on that class
c network.

Any help or advise would be appreciated...
Ken

To whom it may concern:

I am running a Win2k machine, and connecting to you as my ISP. I am
guessing you are running NT 4.0 boxes, or something similar, because I am
receiving something strange. My subnet mask appears to be 255.255.255.255
whenever I am connected to you. While this is normally impossible, it is
happening, and it is interfering with some security software I am running.
I would appreciate it if you could fix it. Included is the URL with the
problem description and resolution as per Microsoft:

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q261/4/89.ASP

------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C00155.D84A9BB0

Yes,=20a PPP dialup customer ( 1 ip address) should have a netmask of=20255.255.255.255.  This is perfectly normal.