RE: [Emerald] FTP (Serv-U) and Share names problem

Nathan Haywood ( )
Fri, 21 Jul 2000 09:30:24 -0400

If you are running ServU as a service under NT, make sure it is *not*
running as the LocalSystem account. Change the account it runs as to network
access if you want it to be able to connect to the directory via the network
redirector (i.e. \\ServerName\ShareName\Directory).

Nathan Haywood

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Dooley []
Sent: Friday, July 21, 2000 9:29 AM
To: Emerald Mailing List
Subject: [Emerald] FTP (Serv-U) and Share names problem

I am using Serv-U with Emerauth.dll and it doesn't quite work.
In Emerald Admin I set up the default FTP directory to be

Which is an existing directory. When users attempt to access it, they
get authentication errors.
Usually directory does not exist.
As they (SQL and Serv-U) are on the same server. I manually go into the
MBR and change the service record to H:\ftp\users, and they can then
access it fine.
How can Emerald create the folder, but then not be able to find it

--------------------------------------------------------Thank You,Brian DooleyClassic Service

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` - Man cannot survive except by gaining knowledge, and reason is his only means to gain it.-

Ayn Rand