Re: [Emerald] Login as email address

Peter Deacon ( peterd@iea-software.com )
Thu, 8 Jun 2000 08:33:36 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

On Thu, 8 Jun 2000, Jason wrote:

> Something I just noticed here. When I Telnet into my PM3s and look at the
> current users online I'll see some that are logged in using their email
> address. Previously I thought that was pretty cool since a lot of people do
> that and we used to get them calling us saying they could not get on. I
> just figured that was one more benefit of Emerald/RadiusNT. Now I think
> that these people who log in using their email address don't get hours
> counted against their account in Emerald and that is a bad thing.

> I guess is there a way we can force Radius/Emerald to post the session time
> for someone logged in with their email address to their Emerald account?

Enable trim name in the RadiusNT admin. That way when call records come
in user@domain is turned into 'user' and Emerald knows who to bill.

RadiusNT/X 3 sends the users AccountID during an authentication and gets
it back from the NAS in accounting responses. That way it doesen't matter
what the 'name' of the user logged in is as far as Emerald Accounting.
One could for example have two users with the same name both getting
billed seperatly for usage.

Have Fun!
Peter