Re: [Emerald] TNT terminate causes

Josh Hillman ( (no email) )
Thu, 1 Jun 2000 14:47:19 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: Emerald <emerald@nls.net>
To: <emerald@iea-software.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 01, 2000 2:17 PM
Subject: RE: [Emerald] TNT terminate causes

> > If you already have "AcctTerminateCause" (no hyphens) as a column in
your
> > Calls table, you just need to modify the radius dictionary to redirect
> > Ascend-Disconnect-Cause to Acct-Terminate-Cause:
> > UPDATE RadAttributes
> > SET Name = 'Acct-Terminate-Cause'
> > WHERE RadAttributeID = 195
> > Then restart RadiusNT.
> >
> > Josh
>
> Thanks Josh!
>
> Now one last thing I have to set, the call table connect info. It appears
> the TNT uses two fields for this xmit rate and receive rate. Is there any
> way to get those into the connect info?

Ascend machines use two integer attributes to reflect initial connection
speeds relative to the NAS:
Ascend-Data-Rate (attribute 197): user's initial upload speed
Ascend-Xmit-Rate (attribute 255): user's initial download speed
I don't know anything about Connect-Info. This might be VSA related, but
I'm not sure. It's not listed in RFC 2058 anywhere and we don't use it for
anything.
The remote NASes that we use send out the user's initial download speed as a
VSA and we have that mapped to Ascend-Xmit-Rate, so that column in the Calls
table always has the user's download speed regardless of what NAS sent the
info.

I have my own customized "call stats" script that I use to dig up the info
for sessions; I don't even bother with the Time-on tab.

Josh