Re: [NTISP] Win2000 RRAS & IP assignment

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Fri, 12 May 2000 10:09:20 -0700

Glen Harvy wrote:

> Exactly how do I assign their IP address in RadiusNT 2.5 . I presume I need
> to assign special attributes but being a complete novice in this regard
> baffles me.

In Emerald, when editing the service, go to the RADIUS tab. There you
can assign a specific set of attributes for the user. For example,
add:

User-Service = Framed-User
Framed-Protocol = PPP
Framed-Address = x.x.x.x

> According to MS Documentation, Framed-IP-Address is not listed in the
> Access-Request list. It is recorded in the Access-Accept List as follows:
>
> Framed-IP-Address
> "The only acceptable values are 0xFFFFFFFF (user selects address) and
> 0xFFFFFFFE (remote access server selects address). If any other
> Framed-IP-Address is received, the call is dropped."
>
> I'm currently only using User-Service and Framed-Protocol for the default
> attributes. From your message I presume I could add Framed-IP-Address for
> the users that can select their own IP address and use the actual IP
> address as the value. Is that correct?

Typically if you ommit Framed-Address, it defaults to assign from
pool (FE). You should be able to assign them an address.

--

Dale E. Reed Jr. Emerald and RadiusNT/X__________________________________________IEA Software, Inc. www.iea-software.com