RE: [NTISP] Caching devices good? bad? Help

Rudy Komsic ( (no email) )
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 19:36:18 -0400

Another bonus with a Transparent Caching server is the fact that those =
Advertising firms (doubleclick.com) can NOT get much information about =
you. Or practically can't get anything from your clients. That is also =
a bit encouraging for ISPs who want to show a bit of security to the =
client.

-----Original Message-----
From: ntisp-request@iea-software.com
[mailto:ntisp-request@iea-software.com]On Behalf Of Chazakis Ioannis
Sent: Thursday, April 06, 2000 7:31 AM
To: ntisp@iea-software.com
Subject: RE: [NTISP] Caching devices good? bad? Help

We have been using squid and set our cisco routers to do transparent =
caching
for some time now.. Works like a charm.
Cidera looks very good, infact we are expecting their technician to =
install
the dish and adapter. Apart from the large customer base, its also got a
45Mbps downlink to each dish, so its pretty fast too.