RE: [NTISP] Remote office connectivity

Stainforth, Matthew ( (no email) )
Wed, 5 Apr 2000 10:41:27 -0300

we looked at doing this but the way our telco chose to price things out it
made it too expensive to run point to point circuits from each remote to our
head office. It ended up being cheaper to get a connection to the internet
for each remote location. I also looked into hauling just the dialup
traffic back to the main office into one huge modem pool but that was even
more expensive.

Your mileage may vary but to set up leased circuits between locations we
were looking at having to pay per mile per channel and when added up it was
very expensive. It would all depend on your telco or other circuit provider
of choice.

Matthew Stainforth || Technical Services Manager || BrunNet Inc.