Re: [NTISP] Radius nt emergency

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Sun, 12 Dec 1999 11:31:30 -0800

"Dave P." wrote:

> Is IEA's radius NT RFC compliant? I an running version 2.5. I have a

I don't think there are any RFC *COMPLIANT* RADIUS servers on the market
(mainly, because there were implementation/variations of RADIUS before
the RFC was finalized). We are definately one of the most stringent
ones,
although there are a lot of compatability settings we have had to deal
with over the years.

> modem pool for my 56K lines thru my T1 Supplier. I am a small ISP.
> They upgraded some of their servers tonite and now my customers can't
> log onto the 56K lines. My ISP is telling me that it's because of a
> problem with the brand of Radius NT I am using. It's supposed to be RFC
> compliant. They are telling me, they don't believe that IEA's Radius NT
> is RFC compliant. Need help asap. Thanks

Thats just a BS story they are telling you, which I don't accept.
Send me the -x15 debug mode and I'll tell you what the problem is.

The last two times someone tried to challenge the RFC compliance of
RadiusNT with me, *they* lost. That didn't mean they fixed the
problem (we had to patch RadiusNT to work with their shortcomings),
but I'll take a challenge of the RFC any day. :)