Re: [NTISP] Server Mirroring

Will LaSala ( will@greennet.net )
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 09:31:52 -0500

Hi Malcolm,
We just started something like what your talking about.
NT Enterprise has "clustering" which is much different then mirroring.
There are many products our there that do do mirroring for NT (I happened to
be certified by Legato (Vinca)). The make something that mirrors machines
to make them
"Highly Available, hot standby". I'm not sure what your trying to do but
if it's to get to "active-active" web servers (for something like load
balancing)
then you can use the software that comes with M$ Site Server called
content replication. It's free (with the $1500 commerce edition), and it
works ok.
Then you'll need to look into either load balancing (either hardware or a
software solution like
NT Enterprise with Clustering and LB). For hardware I would recommend the
Aleton
layer 7 switches. They are nice units, and work great for E-com.

Well that's my 2cents
Thanks
Webmaster
"Link Locally ~ Surf Globally©" http://www.greennet.net
Come Play On The Best Quake Server in the Northeast
Serving Eastern Massachusetts and Southern New Hampshire
TEL: 978-363-8898 FAX: 978-363-1225 email:will@greennet.net