Re: [RadiusNT] NAS reset - no stop records

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Fri, 07 Apr 2000 16:32:35 -0700

Mike Kovacich wrote:

> First when a NAS resets the stop record never gets sent thus loosing all calls.
> Besides upgrading to the Enterprise version and implement SNMP concurency is
> there another solution with what I have ?

Thats probably the easiest way. Some vendors send an "Hey, I'm alive"
type of RADIUS request that we use to clear records for that NAS.
Most don't. If this happens enough to be an issue, I would talk to
the vendor about it, since you NAS should NOT be dumping that often.

> I see no change of data in ServerPorts but the CallDate does change for the
> server when it resets. The table is populated with the port and serverID. Am I
> supposed to be able to see CallsOnLine, I can run the query but just shows the
> empty table.

Not sure what you mean by CallDate does change? In what table? What
kind of NAS are you using? Is RadiusNT showing errors in -x15 debug
mode
when this happens?