Re: [RadiusNT] radius 3.0 and win2000

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Sat, 01 Apr 2000 12:47:16 -0800

wilson@dagupan.com wrote:

> im having problems with win2000 installation of radius 3.0.
> I couldnt get it to authenticate. the radius debug shows no activity.

RadiusNT 3.0 defaults to the correct RFC ports of 1812 and 1813. If
you have RADIUS clients using 1645 and 1646, you need to either update
them or change RadiusNT in the Admin to use the old ports.

I believe it will use the Radius and RadAcct ports defined in the
services file if the ports are blank in the admin.

> if i then install this in a win nt , but point it to the same odbc link, i
> can get it to authenticate users.

Do the services file entries exist on the NT machine (or are the ports
defined in the amdin?).