RE: [RadiusNT] Radius Redundancy Solution

Troy Settle ( (no email) )
Fri, 11 Feb 2000 06:12:14 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_0004_01BF7456.F107E860

Radius Redundancy SolutionWe're actually in the process of setting this up
now. So far, the plan of attack, is to replicate all the tables needed for
authentication and concurrency control ONLY. The Calls table would indeed
be a pain to keep up with.

We're going to set up a seperate DSN for accounting to go straight into the
master SQL server. I'm not sure what's going to happen when/if the
accounting DSN is unavailable. Hopefully, RadiusNT will do the right thing
and spool the accounting requests until the SQL server comes back online.

I'm hoping to get the replication started today. I'll post back with
comments this afternoon or sometime this weekend.

--  Troy Settle  Network Analyst  Picus Communications

-----Original Message----- From: radiusnt-request@iea-software.com[mailto:radiusnt-request@iea-software.com]On Behalf Of Sean Herr Sent: Friday, February 11, 2000 00:27 To: 'radiusnt@iea-software.com' Subject: [RadiusNT] Radius Redundancy Solution

Has Iea-Software published any documentation / white paper on a goodsolution for redundancy? We are talking about NT here!!

I have two SQL 7.0 boxes that I want to accomplish this with. Withefficiency / performance being a factor, I am curious how I can do thefollowing:

Primary Auth and Accounting, if it goes down, let backup pickup where itleft off and then when the primary is backup, update the primary, my onlyconcern is that my calls table is very active and I may lose transactions.

Doing transaction publishing every second may not be the best way toaccomplish this.

Any suggestions??

Thanks,

Sean Herr

------=_NextPart_000_0004_01BF7456.F107E860Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1"Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">Radius Redundancy Solution

We're=20actually in the process of setting this up now.  So far, the plan =of=20attack, is to replicate all the tables needed for authentication and =concurrency=20control ONLY.  The Calls table would indeed be a pain to keep up=20with.

We're=20going to set up a seperate DSN for accounting to go straight into the =master SQL=20server.  I'm not sure what's going to happen when/if the accounting =DSN is=20unavailable.  Hopefully, RadiusNT will do the right thing and spool =the=20accounting requests until the SQL server comes back =online.

I'm=20hoping to get the replication started today.  I'll post back with =comments=20this afternoon or sometime this weekend.

--
 =20Troy Settle
 =20Network Analyst