RE: [RadiusNT] RadiusNT and ODBC memory leak...

Herman verschooten ( H.verschooten@WebVisie.net )
Fri, 11 Feb 2000 10:56:56 +0100

Dale,
I checked the versions thru the ODBC control panel applet, and found the
following:

SQL Server Driver : 3.70.06.90
ODBC Drivers all have: 3.510.3711.0
RadiusNT: 2.5.209

I reviewed previous mails about this subject and set the SQL-server memory
to fixed 150Mb, it first took about 20Mb (yesterday around 10am), but since
then it has already increased to 124.364k (mem usage) and 140504k (VM size)
on a machine with 256Mb. The only other thing that uses this SQL-server is
the authentication-dll for NTMail, which runs on another machine (SQL
3.60.0319, ODBC 3.510.3002.23) on the network.

Tx for any help,

Herman

-----Original Message-----
From: Dale E. Reed Jr. [mailto:daler@iea-software.com]
Sent: donderdag 10 februari 2000 18:42
To: radiusnt@iea-software.com
Subject: Re: [RadiusNT] RadiusNT and ODBC memory leak...

Herman verschooten wrote:

> Dale,
> we're experiencing the same problem, with SQL7 SP1, but the checkbox you
> mention is grayed out and checked. Do you know how to change this ?

Eith ODBC 3.x and higher, its up to the application to called the
SQLPrepare or SQLExecDirect, depending on whether the app wants the
quesy to be converted to a temp proc first. RadiusNT never calls
SQLPrepare, so this isn't an issue with the later ODBC Drivers.

What version of RadiusNT and ODBC drivers are you using? You'll
probably want to open a case with support if this is happening.