Re: [RadiusNT] IP routing by username

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Wed, 09 Feb 2000 10:34:10 -0800

Christian Lawrence wrote:

> I have a couple things that I am trying to accomplish here.
> First, we would like to route persons to one IP address based off of
> their user name and password. They will not be able to go anywhere else
> except to the specified address.

I think I know why, but for what reason? To do this you need a terminal
server that supports either a per-user next-hop type attribute, or had
a specific feature for this. We are working with XStop to provide this
type of functionality outside of the NAS as well. You can use generic
filters to limit what the user can do, but that doesn't "route" them.

> Secondly, kind of the same thing only a little different, we want to
> assign specific IP addresses based on user name and password but we do
> not want them assigned one from our server default we need to route them
> to an interfaces IP address and from there they would get assigned an IP
> address. Is this possible? We are using a AS5300 and Radius NT 2.5.

More specifically, are you looking for on-the-fly policies, or something
you can configure in the db on a per-user basis?