Re: [RadiusNT] What's the correct Rad AT config for an ISDN account

Josh Hillman ( (no email) )
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 15:46:21 -0500

From: Mike Kovacich <sysadmin@inter-pc.com>
> I also would like to know what tweaking is needed if any for 2,3 or 4 ISDN
> bonding. I do understand it is NAS dependent. I have a Gandalf and
MAX3048.

We're using a mix of Max 4048s, a 4004, and a 4002 and are using the
following settings as defaults:

AccountType Name Data
--------------- -------------------------------- -----------
ISDN DialUp 128 Ascend-Idle-Limit 1200
ISDN DialUp 128 Ascend-Maximum-Time 28800
ISDN DialUp 128 Framed-Protocol PPP
ISDN DialUp 128 User-Service Framed-User

The above config is exactly the same as our regular analog PPP accounts
except the analog PPP accounts have one extra attribute:
PPP NAS-Port-Type Async
(RadCheck = 1 for this attribute)

The Ascend-Idle-Limit and Ascend-Maximum-Time are obviously optional.

We control the number of concurrent sessions (channels when referring to MP
sessions like 128k ISDN, etc.) by setting the "Login Limit" value for the
individual service to 2 or more.

Josh

> Mark Colasante wrote:
>
> > How do I properly set up an ISDN account type in RadAtConfigs table in
SQL