Re: [RadiusNT] Radius problems..

Josh Hillman ( (no email) )
Wed, 19 Jan 2000 12:56:46 -0500

From: talon <talon@virtualight.net>
> I think the pools dont over lap...
>
> If I have 2 ascends...
>
> and the pool on Ascend #1 starts at 216.37.27.100
> and the pool count is 46
> then on ascend #2 the pool would start at 216.37.27.147 right?

The above config should work fine. The next group could start at .146
though, but that's not a big deal. Remember, you're starting with zero and
not one, so that's why it's offset a hair.

See this note I wrote a year and a half ago that may also be having an
effect on you:
http://www.iea-software.com/lists/9808/radiusnt/00001044.htm

Because you mentioned originally that this was relating to ISDN customers,
it could also be a display issue with multilink and possibly also with
stacking the maxes (they have to be the same OS and have the same stack
names). What happens when you finger that user on the max(es)?

Here's an example of a stacked ISDN session with two channels up (each
channel was on a different Max):

C:\>fingermax btfrance

[max3.adadfadf.com]
I Session Line: Slot: Tx Rx Service Host User
O ID Chan Port Data Rate Type[mpID] Address Name
I 307333761 1:16 9:1 64K 64K MP[352] 123.123.12.12 whoever
S 0 N/A 0:0 N/A N/A Stack[352] 123.123.12.12 whoever

[max4.adadadfa.com]
I Session Line: Slot: Tx Rx Service Host User
O ID Chan Port Data Rate Type[mpID] Address Name
I 306810224 1:3 9:4 64K 64K MPP[468] 123.123.12.12 whoever

Eventhough the IP displays correctly here (and is functioning correctly),
the Emerald CallsOnline view shows 0.0.0.0 for the second channel.

We're using a mix of a Max4004, few Max4048s, and a Max4002. All of them
are using TAOS 7.0.22.
Oh, that "fingermax" is just a fingermax.bat file that I stuck in my WinNT
(Windows) directory. It's a one-liner:
finger %1@max1.whatever.com %1@max2.whatever.com

Josh

> From: hostmaster@interaxs.net
> Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 16:55:01 -0500
>
> >Are you sure that the pools are large enough on each MAX and that they do
> >not overlap any addresses? What version did you upgrade to?
> >
> >Jim
> >
> >At 04:45 PM 1/18/2000 -0500, you wrote:
> >>Well.. the problem still exists.. and i upgraded all the max units to
the
> >>newest software ver... any ideas?

and