RE: [RadiusNT] Radius problems..

Denny Figuerres ( (no email) )
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 12:06:31 -0800

This may well be 100% wrong but just in case....

when Ascend did the first few versions of 33.6 firmware for Max 4000's
there were bugs that caused the dynamic IP pool to get locked up and =
fail to assign addresses
properly.

Since I see Ascend attributes and ports here I wonder if you might have =
a simmilar problem.

Dynamic IP's are assigned by the firmware on the Terminal Server.

check and see if anything like this is happening:

as a box nears 100% in-use users get an address of 0.0.0.0 OR
you have login failures that on a Telnet show a message about no address =
avilible in pool.
you re-set the box and no problem for a while... ( hours / days ) and =
it starts happening again.

also are all boxes on the same firm ware?=20
are the ones with the bad IP different versions of firmware that others?

(we spent weeks tracking this down and then had to *PROVE* it before =
they fessed up to the bug!)