Re: [RadiusNT] RadiusNT and What's Up Gold 4.0

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Thu, 02 Dec 1999 10:36:58 -0800

Charlie Cocuzza wrote:

> Funny, what I submitted works with us using WUG 4.0 and RadiusNT.
> Maybe it upgrade specific? The % variables caused ours to fail.

I'm not sure. The problem with yours is that is a NAK, and puts
a ralog entry everytime. The other issue is that its not checking
whether the user was found or not.

Yours also is not a valid RADIUS request:

> >> The Send Command
> >> \aD\@,0123456789012345\a ServerName

\a Type (a auth request)
D The request ID
\@, Length of request (two bytes). This is the kicker, as you
can't just just fields in the example without causing problems
(like you did with the user name).
0-5 16 byte vector
\a username attribute. Now, the problem here is that the length
field (the space) is 32 bytes, which will cause an attribute
length error.

Additional notes:

1) There is no password, so RadiusNT immediately rejects this and
as noted above, logs a NO PAssword radlogs entry.

2) This never checks your DB. If your SQL Server is down, your
RadiusNT box still shows as good, although your users are NOT
getting authenticated.

Configure the send/expect the way that I showed up, and send me
the -x15 debug of RadiusNT. I'm guessing that if you did the
string right in WUPG, that you have a RadiusNT configuration
issue to resolve.