Re: [RadiusNT] NT SAM Problem

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Sun, 21 Nov 1999 20:25:01 -0800

> Denny Figuerres wrote:
>
> I just setup Radius NT 2.5 Std Version on a server.
> loaded the SQL database with user names and password of "WINNT\Domain"
> and given an account with admin the privleges listed in the docs and
> ran radius nt in debug
> mode ( -15 )
>
> on attempting to auth a user I still get a permissions error back from
> Radius NT.

Whats the exact error? It will tell you which permission RadiusNT
doesn't
have.

> here are some questions that may help :
>
> 1) does Radius NT need to be run on a "Domain Controller" NT Server (
> PDC or BDC )?

No. It just has to be ran as a user that has the permissions specified
in the docs for the domain (not the local user). Remember, if you are
running it as a service, the service must NOT be configured to start
as the system service.

> 2) would NT Service pack versions make any difference?

No.

> 3) if the above are not the reason then what ?

See #1.