Re: [Emerald] Radius will not acknowledge STOP account record

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Fri, 26 May 2000 13:35:59 -0400

NCKCN wrote:

> Thanks again Paul. Gosh, this is a "bonus" of RadiusNT/Emerald that I can
> see as extremely undesirable...

The problem is your NAS is NOT following the RFC.

> 5.5. Acct-Session-Id
>
> Description
>
> This attribute is a unique Accounting ID to make it easy to match
> start and stop records in a log file. The start and stop records
> for a given session MUST have the same Acct-Session-Id. It is
> strongly recommended that the Acct-Session-Id be a printable ASCII
> string.

If your NAS re-uses the Acct-Session-ID after a reboot, its not
"unique".
Very few that I know of do this (several have a work around for it,
too).

--

Dale E. Reed Jr. Emerald and RadiusNT/X__________________________________________IEA Software, Inc. www.iea-software.com