Re: [Emerald] IncidentTypes.Email

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Fri, 26 May 2000 13:29:22 -0400

Josh Hillman wrote:

> > > What is IncidentTypes.Email for?
> > > All of ours are NULL and there's nothing in the Emerald Admin (2.5.331)
> that
> > > references this.
> >
> From: Dale E. Reed Jr. <daler@iea-software.com>
> > If not null, it overrides the default email address when you select
> > that type when creating an incident.
>
> That's what I thought too, but it doesn't seem to matter what
> IncidentTypes.Email value is set to. When creating a new Incident, the
> address displayed (for all types) is always our support address (eventhough
> 2 of the incident types are set to our billing address). When saving the
> incident, the mail goes to the support address instead of the billing
> address that's listed for that incident type in the IncidentTypes.Email
> field. The only way to send it to the billing address is by typing in the
> address (replacing what's currently displayed).

This was fixed in a previous update (from the changes.txt file):

v2.5.332 - 4/26/00

* When creating an incident, Emerald was not updating the email field
to match the email of the incident type. The Email field will now
change if you have a different email address configured for that
incident type.

> Also, I found what seems to be some kind of bug regarding the Incidents--Add
> email field:
>
> If you're logged into Windows as one username, but log into Emerald as
> another, the Email field displayed in the Incidents--Add window is blank.
> When logged into Windows as the same user as in Emerald, the email field
> displays an email address. From what I can tell, this is the only place in
> Emerald that I've noticed any oddball behavior when it comes to a different
> Windows/Emerald username.
> We're using SQL 7 SP2 with "SQL Server and Windows NT" set for the
> Authentication method.
> Emerald 2.5.331

Its based on the SQL login. Are you possibly using a truster connection
to your SQL Server?

--

Dale E. Reed Jr. Emerald and RadiusNT/X__________________________________________IEA Software, Inc. www.iea-software.com