Re: [Emerald] IncidentTypes.Email

Josh Hillman ( (no email) )
Thu, 25 May 2000 16:09:33 -0400

> Josh Hillman wrote:
> >
> > What is IncidentTypes.Email for?
> > All of ours are NULL and there's nothing in the Emerald Admin (2.5.331)
that

From: Dale E. Reed Jr. <daler@iea-software.com>
> If not null, it overrides the default email address when you select
> that type when creating an incident.

That's what I thought too, but it doesn't seem to matter what
IncidentTypes.Email value is set to. When creating a new Incident, the
address displayed (for all types) is always our support address (eventhough
2 of the incident types are set to our billing address). When saving the
incident, the mail goes to the support address instead of the billing
address that's listed for that incident type in the IncidentTypes.Email
field. The only way to send it to the billing address is by typing in the
address (replacing what's currently displayed).

Also, I found what seems to be some kind of bug regarding the Incidents--Add
email field:

If you're logged into Windows as one username, but log into Emerald as
another, the Email field displayed in the Incidents--Add window is blank.
When logged into Windows as the same user as in Emerald, the email field
displays an email address. From what I can tell, this is the only place in
Emerald that I've noticed any oddball behavior when it comes to a different
Windows/Emerald username.
We're using SQL 7 SP2 with "SQL Server and Windows NT" set for the
Authentication method.
Emerald 2.5.331

This is being CCed to IEA Support.

Josh