RE: [Emerald] PCTransact-IT problems

Jeff Hopkins ( RadAdmin@Agalis.net )
Tue, 23 May 2000 09:03:43 -0700

------_=_NextPart_001_01BFC4D0.7A452790

Hi,
I have been using PC-Transact-it for 7 months. .331 has an update for
PC-Transact-IT but it's still broken. When I first set this up I fed back
to IEA the changes that they needed, which are probably became the .331. I
have been using the Transact-it import/export feature. Not as clean as I
like it but it works. This is an example of why I get frustrated by
commercial software, no control over the code. I am not a programmer, but
as much time I spent getting this to work I could have figured out how to
fix it correctly. Below are my steps on how to get it to work.

Regards,
Jeff Hopkins
mailto://jeff@agalis.net

The way I use it is by specifying PTC w/AVS in Emerald Admin. The
batchout and batchin paths point to the transact import and export
directories. Transact-it is capable of importing and exporting data by
using field definition files.

1. Create two files used for this importing and exporting, below is what I
am using.
2. Make sure your path is setup in Admin to batchout to the transact import
directory and batchin to the transact export directory.
3. Now in Emerald you can Batchout the necessary CC info.
3. In Transact-it, go to utilities, import, specify the batchout file and
push the button 'use the exsisting file definition.
4. It should import the CC info correctly. You can check it by selecting
from the main menu 'Administration, 'Input file'
5. The CC data should be in the correct fields.
6. Now you 'process', 'authorize'. Then before you 'settle' you need to
export the approved records with the same process as import except select
the 'utilities' then 'export' button.
7. Now, this step is a pain. For Emerald to use this export file it needs
to be modified. Here are the before and after changes to the Emerald
Batchin file:

One record exported from transact-it:
"0201","2311","Y","13117","40 "

Modified record with PTC w/AVS format
"0201","2311","SY","AUTH/TKT013117","40",""

(add capital S to field 3, add AUTH/TKT to field 4, add blank field 6):

8. At this point Emerald will Batchin and process the correct records.
9. Once processed in Emerald you can settle the transactions.
10. For dis-approved CC, they remain in Transact-it until I get a new
card#. Emerald never sees these errors.
11. That's it!!!

Note: Once these files are created in the proper directories, transact-it
will see them when you try to import and export data.

In the transact-it import directory create authimp.def:
1_Field=Transaction Type
2_Field=Account Number
3_Field=Expiration Date
5_Field=AVS Address
6_Field=AVS Zip
7_Field=ORDER #
17_Field=Transaction Amount

In the transact-it import directory create settlexp.def:
11_Date=Dest. Col 1
10_Time=Dest. Col 2
13_AVS Resp=Dest. Col 3
8_Auth Code=Dest. Col 4