RE: [Emerald] Serv-U 2.5d and services

Scottie Arnett ( (no email) )
Fri, 19 May 2000 15:57:45 -0500

Hi Dale,

Ummm, what is a RFE? This is occuring on a normal shutdown and reboot. I
have let it set for over an hour and then looked in the log file on emerauth
and it says:

May 18 22:56:57 2000 EmerSupp License [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server
Driver][SQL Server]Database 'Emerald' has not been recovered yet - please
wait and try again. [Select DISTINCT Company, LiscenseID From Liscenses]
May 18 22:56:57 2000 DllMain New process attach
May 18 22:56:57 2000 GetConfig Select Type, Value, Data From Configs
Where ConfigID = 61
May 18 22:56:57 2000 GetConfig [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server
Driver][SQL Server]Database 'Emerald' has not been recovered yet - please
wait and try again. [Select Type, Value, Data From Configs Where ConfigID =
61]
May 18 22:56:59 2000 DllMain Thread attach
May 19 01:08:29 2000 HandleClientEven Error Loading Licenses. Function
Disabled.......then it keeps repeating until I stop and restart serv-u.

I can stop Serv-u in the services and then restart it, and it works. I tried
putting serv-u to manual, and rebooted. Then started serv-u...works fine. I
am using apptoservice to wrap the serv-u. Of course, I want it started
automatically.

On a normal shutdown or restart, is SQL shut down the proper way? If not,
how should I shut it down? Serv-U and SQL are running on the same machine.

TIA,
Scottie Arnett