Re: [Emerald] RadiusNT - problem with TimeBanking - very big value for

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Tue, 16 May 2000 14:35:25 -0700

Danny Sinang wrote:

> I've upgraded my RadiusNT 2.5 from build .209 to build .213 and I restarted
> my RadiusNT service. I then observed my logfile and here are my observations
> :
>
> 1. If there is a Session-Timeout service default, it is followed, regardless
> of TimeLeft value.
>
> 2. If there is no Session-Timeout service default and TimeLeft is NULL, no
> Session-Timeout is sent to NAS (unlike the very large Session-Timeout that
> .209 sends the NAS).
>
> 3. If there is no Session-Timeout service default and TimeLeft > 0, then a
> Session-Timeout = TimeLeft is sent to NAS.
>
> Do you think item #1 is the way RadiusNT should really work ? If not, when
> will this be corrected ?

No, and its not the behavior I am seeing here:

> C:\>radlogin test6 test6
>
> Checking Radius user test6:
> User-Service = Framed-User
> Framed-Protocol = PPP
> Session-Timeout = 600
>
> C:\>radlogin test6 test6
>
> Checking Radius user test6:
> User-Service = Framed-User
> Framed-Protocol = PPP
> Session-Timeout = 180
>
> Good: 1 Bad: 0 T/O: 0 Avg: 60

The first is a normal auth without a timeleft, and Session-Timeout
defined to 600 for the default attributes.

The second is after I set the timeleft to 3 for the user.

RadiusNT will take the LESSER of the two. I did a third auth with
timeleft set to 20 and it correctly returned 600 still.

--

Dale E. Reed Jr. Emerald and RadiusNT/X__________________________________________IEA Software, Inc. www.iea-software.com