Re: [Emerald] RadiusNT - problem with TimeBanking - very big value for

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Tue, 16 May 2000 09:38:35 -0700

Danny Sinang wrote:

> I am running RadiusNT 2.5.267 along with Emerald 2.5 using a SQL Server 6.5
> database.

I assume you mean 2.5.167, as 2.5.214 is the lastest build. :)
There are been several issues addressed and fixed concerning
time banking and session-timeout in the latest .2xx build.

One specific one was were RadiusNT was not adding the Session-Timeout
attribute if it didn't already exist.

> Is this the way RadiusNT is supposed to work ?
>
> I tried deleting the SessionTimeout from the service defaults and tried
> dialling in as TimeBanked user. This time, the SessionTimeout attribute it
> sent the NAS is the remaining value of TimeLeft. However, the user still
> won't get disconnected from the NAS.

This is an issue with your NAS, then.

> My NAS is a Cisco 2600 and its debug output does not show anything funny.
>
> However, I noticed that when the NON-TimeBanked users, RadiusNT sends them a
> SessionTimeout whose value is 679952640.

I'd like to see behavior of a more recent build. I'm pretty sure all of
this
has been addresses.

--

Dale E. Reed Jr. Emerald and RadiusNT/X__________________________________________IEA Software, Inc. www.iea-software.com