Re: [Emerald] crystal reports...

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Tue, 16 May 2000 09:30:35 -0700

Kenneth Gustav Eitenmiller Jr wrote:

> Plain text... and to follow on dales reply also... What email client will it
> use if you hae set nothing up?? Will it hunt down and find and use outlook
> expresss installed with ie 4 or 5? how does this relate to the formatting?

Its what the person is using to read their email. For example, I have
my Netscape configured to force plain text and a fixed font for all
email.
However, if I use Outlook (IMAP with Both) to read my email, it defaults
to a proportional font. The Invocie looks fine in Netscape, but pretty
bad in Outlook. If I change the font to fixed in Outlook, its fine
though.

Since the HTML version can specify the font, its much better and uses
tables and such to align the data. I've tested it with both Outlook
and Netscape on the HTML side, and they are practically identical,
regardless of the user's preferences.

--

Dale E. Reed Jr. Emerald and RadiusNT/X__________________________________________IEA Software, Inc. www.iea-software.com