RE: [Emerald] IP Tracking

Info ( (no email) )
Sat, 13 May 2000 10:12:48 -0700

Well thanks to everyone who sent responses. I see everyone has the same
opinion for the most part. I just wanted to make sure I was not missing
something here.

-----Original Message-----
From: emerald-request@iea-software.com
[mailto:emerald-request@iea-software.com]On Behalf Of Bob's Lists
Sent: Saturday, May 13, 2000 3:17 AM
To: emerald@iea-software.com
Subject: RE: [Emerald] IP Tracking

> That is exactly what we have been saying. But what if a father calls and
> wants to know if his son is surfing to particular sites?

Show me a court order, and I might consider going through the proxy logs to
trace someone's activity. Similarly, send me a message to our abuse address
and if it's a genuine problem, I'll take a look. Of course if they were
surfing without proxy then I'm hosed - all I can tell is who had the IP at
that time not what they did with it...

In other cases - father can go climb a tree I'm an ISP not a proxy parent...

Just my $0.02...

Regards

Bob