Re: [Emerald]

Danny Sinang ( (no email) )
Sat, 29 Apr 2000 10:50:57 +0800

------=_NextPart_000_001D_01BFB1C8.CCF8DBA0

You could edit your web interface and comment out the link to the change =
password utility.

- Danny

----- Original Message -----=20
From: Rob Witzel=20
To: emerald@iea-software.com=20
Sent: Saturday, April 29, 2000 6:51 AM
Subject: [Emerald]=20

We are using Emerald 331, SQL 6.5, Imail V6.02 authenticating off of the =
SQL db with the emeralth dll.

We have recently discovered that when a customer accesses the imail web =
interface, they can change their password in the SQL/radius/ imail =
database, even though th option to change password for imail is =
disabled.

Ipswitch tech support says that it is a problem with the emerauth dll.

The customer that changed her password has somehow damaged her mailbox =
and could not receive mail until I deleted her mailbox and recreated it.

We absolutly do not want our customers to be able to change their =
passwords.

Is there anything that we can do about this.

------=_NextPart_000_001D_01BFB1C8.CCF8DBA0

You could edit your web interface and comment out =the link to=20the change password utility.

- Danny

----- Original Message -----=20