Re: [Emerald] Call Log has domain name info from Radius

Josh Hillman ( (no email) )
Thu, 13 Apr 2000 00:01:02 -0400

From: Randy Martin <IEAEmerald@austintx.net>
> I have RadiusNT setup to trim name both spaces and domains. This works
> great, as I have some users that just _cannot_ get their computer setup to
> dialin without a domain name. However, I noticed today that the entire
> username (spaces, domain names, everything) is getting inserted into the
> calls table.
>
> I have two questions: 1) how do I keep this from happening

What version of RadiusNT are you using? A few versions ago, RadiusNT 2.5
was doing this, but an update (along with subsequent ones) fixed it. We're
using 2.5.213 and it doesn't have this problem as far as I know. Be aware
that the RadiusNT Administrator currently does not have the ability to set
"AllowMalformed=3" or whatever the registry setting is. If this is what
you'd normally have it set to, then you'll have to fix this in the registry
everytime you save anything via the Admin since doing so, will reset it to 0
or 1.

> 2) what
> query do I need to run on the current calls table to get rid of the domain
> name information?

If you're using SQL 7, the following will work. You may want to do these in
pieces if your Calls table is large. You might add "and
nasidentifier='123.123.123.123'" to the end of each of the two scripts and
do it one NAS at a time (replacing 123.123.123.123 with whatever IPs your
NASes are).

update calls set
username = replace(username, username, reverse(substring(reverse(username),
1, charindex('\', reverse(username)) - 1)))
where username like '%\%'
go

update calls set
username = replace(username, username, substring(username, 1, charindex('@',