RE: [Emerald] Web/ASP Interface

Info ( (no email) )
Wed, 5 Apr 2000 12:58:38 -0700

That's why we are doing this. We just need it to be easier for our
employees and the other stores that resale our products. Emerald is not
built to allow other companies to view it for resale. A web interface makes
this much easier.

-----Original Message-----
From: emerald-request@iea-software.com
[mailto:emerald-request@iea-software.com]On Behalf Of Steven Deaton
Sent: Wednesday, April 05, 2000 2:55 PM
To: emerald@iea-software.com
Subject: Re: [Emerald] Web/ASP Interface

Uhhhhhh........ya? Emerald is emerald....it's not one thing or
another....its, to my understanding, the entirity of it all... the database
structuring itself......the client software...... the emerald admin
software..........everything.........each is a part to emerald.........all
we are referring to is say....a possible alternative..............what if
you are out of town, per se, and need to be able to monitor things at the
office... say... extend an account.... or make a new one....
etc....etc....see who's online..... you get the point.....it would be a lot
simpler to simply open a web browser that you can run from anywhere in the
world.........than to open the emerald client software and have it installed
on every computer you intend to use........and run it and have it take half
of your system resources...... or am I wrong?