Re: [Emerald] Authentication problem

Josh Hillman ( (no email) )
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 15:37:05 -0500

From: Gulam Chagani <gulam@catsgroup.com>
> Thanks for your help. All my windows users do NOT have "require encrypted
> password" selected, but they still authenticate using CHAP. I suppose
> deleting CHAP and SPAP keys from the registry on the RRAS server is the
only
> option that will force ALL users to come in with PAP.

I know that if we have CHAP enabled in our Ascend Maxes, Windows 95/98/NT
(and 2000, I'd imagine) users will automatically authenticate using CHAP,
even if it's not set to "require...". If the dial-up client software
doesn't support CHAP (few don't support it), it'll drop back to PAP
authentication on its own.
I have no idea how this stuff works with RRAS though.

Josh

PAP