Re: [Emerald] Static IP

Josh Hillman ( (no email) )
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 10:01:05 -0500

Set up DUN on the customer side like any other customer (accepting
dynamically assigned IPs, etc.) Your NAS is preventing the person from
logging on because it's trying to issue an IP and DUN is trying to force its
own IP (eventhough they're the same IP). Nothing special at all ever needs
to be done with DUN for static IP assignments.

Josh

----- Original Message -----
From: Brad Facer <bfacer@hughestech.net>
To: <emerald@iea-software.com>
Sent: Monday, March 13, 2000 9:49 AM
Subject: [Emerald] Static IP

We are having some problems setting up users with static IP addresses.

Setup is NT4/Radius2.5/3com TC units

for my service i am using the following radius attributes:
User-service Login-user
Framed-protocol PPP
Framed-address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Framed-netmask 255.255.255.255

At the user end, i setup DUN with the specified IP

When trying to connect I get Error 718(ppp timeout)

What other settings need to be used, are there additional attributes that
are needed?

Brad
Hughes
Rockford, IL